Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Non-teethers

A2 is having LOTS of trouble cutting teeth. He's been teething basically all of his life, but the last couple of days have gotten really bad. He's sooooo cranky (his cold isn't helping matters), and all he want to do is chew, chew, chew. He won't drink from his bottle, so I thought I'd try my pediatrician's suggestion to try a cup temporarily until the teeth come through. A2 thought that was a VERY BAD IDEA!!!!! No more cups. So I feed him in 1-2 oz. segments with breaks in between so he can think about how very horrible his teeth feel and then realize that his empty tummy feels even worse, so he will drink another 1-2 ozs. He also isn't sleeping well at night, which means I'm not either and that makes me cranky too. And let's not even talk about drooling! His shirt is entirely soaked (I'm talking literally from top to bottom) within an hour of my dressing him in the morning. He gnaws on freezer teethers for 30-45 minutes at a time and then gets really mad when they're not cold anymore. It's driving me crazy! Thank you for listening to me vent.

No comments: