A: Mommy, I believe in Jesus!
Me: Do you? That's good!
A: So that means I get to go to Heaven, right?
Me: Yes, if we believe in Jesus, we can live with Him in heaven. Do you love Jesus?
A: Yes....Mommy, can you help me get to Heaven in the morning?
Me: (chuckling a little) No, Honey, we only get to go to Heaven after we die.
A: Oh, like Jesus died?
Me: Yes, Jesus died so we can go to Heaven when we die.
A: And then he comed alive again?
Me: Yes.
A: And now He's in Heaven?
Me: Yes.
A: So we can die and come alive again too, and then go to be with Him in Heaven?
Me: Yes.
And that makes this whole incredibly insane day all worthwhile. I'd do it a hundred times over if it would produce the same results in all my children.
1 comment:
That's interesting. I had a conversation along those lines with her at lunch yesterday.
Except it started when she popped up out of the blue with, "are you very sad about because your grandpa died?"
So we had a longish talk on being sad when people die, but if they know Jesus we don't have to be all the way sad because we can see them in heaven with Jesus - because Jesus went to heaven after He died and came alive.
Post a Comment