Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Things I Never Knew Before

J: Papi, there's this funny duck on TV that says, "Aflack."
(Don't ask me how she knows this.)

Neighbor down the street: Darwin was one of the original philosophers.
(How did he know this? His pastor said so in his sermon on Sunday, Mother's Day. His church must be very...um...interesting.)

It is possible to create a pretend guitar using a rain stick (A's version) or a glitter-filled baton (J's version) and a padded training swimsuit. I still haven't figured out how they managed to twist the swimsuits around the sticks, but they did, and they're on really tight. And the girls are playing them constantly. I asked them to help A2 look for Tracker, and A said, "Sure, I'll help!" But then instead of looking for the dog, she composed a dirge for him on her guitar. Something like, "Where is Trackeeeeeeeer? We'll neveeeeerrr see him againnnnnn." In a very sad voice and minor key. (And no, I don't know how she knows to do this. I certainly didn't teacher her.)

The paralytic who was lowered through the roof to Jesus had previously been hanging on a Christmas tree in the attic. This I overheard A tell A2 while "reading" him a story from his Bible story book this morning.
(How does she know this? Well, I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with the man coming through the ceiling and her understanding that above the ceiling in our house, there is an attic with a Christmas tree and last year's outgrown flip-flops. I'm surprised the guy wasn't wearing said flip-flops.)

On a more serious note, I am enjoying my kids as much as I can today, and being grateful that they are all healthy. And I am saddened for those who have lost their "one-pound blessing." May God bless Kayleigh's family with His presence and peace.

2 comments:

swiss miss said...

I wonder if J learned the guitar crooning from watching Titus at the YouthWalk service last Sunday...."Aaabba Father.."

The Lazy Philosopher said...

just for the record...she didn't learn about the duck here. pre-programmed snippets of dvd's is all we watch.