Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dinner Conversation

Joe: (after everyone at the table had gotten up at least twice to get or do something) This might as well be a train station.
Me: It feels more like a circus to me.
Joe: No...Circuses are more organized.
Me: Whoa! That was a slam!
J: What's a slam?
Me: An insult.
Joe: (backpedaling) That was self-incrimination.
A: I'm done eating and now I'm getting ready to go home.
Me: This is home.
A: No, it's the circus.
Me: (laughing) Ok, as long as you don't join the circus!
(WRONG THING TO SAY!)
A: (with a BIG grin) I'm going to join the circus!
Me: (aside to Joe) Ok, I think I've just figured something out. (out loud to A) Well, I guess you can join the circus, as long as you don't become a missionary.
A: Ok, yes! I'll join the circus.
Joe: (raising his eyebrows significantly) What did you figure out?
Me: Never mind.
A: I'm going to be a missionary.
Me: (pretending displeasure) Oh, no!
A: (still with a BIG grin) I'm going to be a missionary and join the circus.
Joe: See! She already has missional ministry down!

No comments: