J: Mommy, do lions like to eat snakes?
Me: Not particularly, I don't think.
10 minutes later:
A: Mommy, if we ever have a real snake...
J: (Interrupting) OH! LET'S NOT HAVE A REAL SNAKE!!
A: Let's give it to a lion.
A: Mommy, I mean if Papi has a snake, I mean if he finds a snake outside, and he picks it up, I want him to find a lion and give it to the lion to eat.
J: OH, NO!
Me: The poor snake!
J: What if the lion eats Papi?
A: No! I mean a lion in a cage that's really close to the door where he can just hand him the snake through the door and the lion can't get him. Then we'll watch the lion eat the snake.
Me: Don't you think that would hurt the snake?
A: Yes.
~~~~~
Currently, J and A2 are "playing church." A2 is standing on the girls' bed (the top of the stage) playing his Wiggles guitar (turned off, of course) while J "runs the speakers" which are made out of A2's train trestles and the lid to his blocks box. And the song they're singing for "church?"
In the town where I was born
There lived a man who sailed the seas
And he told us of his life
In the land of submarines
We all live in a yellow submarine
Etc., Etc., Etc.
5 comments:
That is so incredibly awesome I don't even have words to describe my awe.
Both the conversation and the Beatles thing.
You got great kids...
I'll take 'em.
:)
LadyAnne
You can't have 'em.
Sorry.
=)
Did they at least sing the right words?
Deutscher Meister wird nur der VfB...
No, Anonymous. They did not sing the right words.
That's shocking. Just to think...pastor's kids. Raised in church - literally (two days a week, at the least). Missionary grandparents...
Why did they not sing the right words? I am heartbroken.
Post a Comment