The girls will be 3 on Sunday. However, we'll be at camp in Indiana on their birthday, so we decided to have their party today at a park.
It was a good party, complete with a surprise visit from none other than...you guessed it!...The Wiggles. Joe was Greg, Papa was Jeff (always falling asleep, how appropriate), T was Murray (he's the only one who can really play guitar), Tony was Anthony (how fitting), and Seth was Captain Feathersword.
I made his feathersword out of a dowel rod, a purple fake feather stole, and some string. I also cut off part of the stole to tape to a styrofoam pirate hat we found at the hobby store.
In cutting the stole, I discovered something very important. Something no one ever told me. But now I am sharing this information with you just in case you ever feel the urge to create a feathersword.
Here it is. Are you ready? It is very profound.
Purple fake feather stoles shed. Badly. Especially when cut. There are little tiny bits of fake purple feathers floating all over my house. They're everywhere, even in the bathroom. Unfortunately, possibly because of the dark purple color, they resemble spiders with very long waving legs. Every time I see one, I almost jump out of my skin. Then when I realize it's just a fake purple feather, I don't want to pick it up to throw it away because of what I thought it was at first.
Sigh.
This is very annoying.
My mother-in-law is deathly afraid of feathers. I hope I can find them all before she visits.
~~~~~
A few days ago, we went to a craft/hobby store called Hobby Lobby. A and J proclaimed loudly to anyone nearby who would listen that it was "Wobby Wobby."
No comments:
Post a Comment