Friday, November 7, 2008

Things I Learned This Week

(While making siren noises on the play firetruck on the playground)
2-year old: No! Don't say that! It's naughty!
~~~~~
Oven cleaner removes melted carpet from irons.
~~~~~
A: We don't pee outside.
~~~~~
If a nighttime potty-trained 3-year old drinks 12 ozs. of water just before bed, you should get her up to use the potty in the middle of the night even if she says she doesn't need to.
~~~~~
1-year olds do not like to be buried in leaves. They do, however, greatly enjoy climbing into fireplaces, and soot is hard to get out of clothes.
~~~~~
It takes green tomatoes, picked before the first frost, at least a week to start turning red on the kitchen windowsill. (Yes, I was going to fry them, but now they're not green anymore.)
~~~~~
It is not a good idea to use a lava lamp for a baby's night light. He wouldn't go to sleep for an hour.
~~~~~
If your polling place is out of "I voted" stickers, you can call the election board and they will send you one in the mail. (I didn't do this. I was just informed it was possible.)

No comments: