Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wee Talk

Car discussion:
J: Mommy, see all those mountains?
Me (looking skeptically at the surrounding flat landscape): What mountains?
J: They're over there down in the grass. You can't see them. There's a big hill in front of them.

In Children's Church, we sang this song that says, "Jump up, spin around, get up, get down." On the getting up and down, we climbed on our chairs and then back down. A got really frustrated because she couldn't get on her chair fast enough, and the rest of us would already be back down. She was really disgusted with the whole song because of that.
So later, I asked her if she liked that song. She said no because she couldn't get on the chair fast enough. I told her she could keep trying and soon she would be able to do it.
A: Yeah, when I grow bigger and can drive, then I can do it.

While the girls were brushing their teeth, I noticed a glob of dried toothpaste from a previous evening stuck on the shower curtain. I mentioned it to the girls.
Me: What is that toothpaste doing there? I bet I can get it in two guesses: A or J.
J: No, both guesses are A.

No comments: