Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wake Up Call

Yesterday I fell asleep while waiting for my lunch at Sonic.

I woke up when the girls got in an argument in the back seat and started yelling at each other.

The carhop was standing at my window looking worried...and then relieved as I opened my eyes.

I rolled down my window to get my food (which I had already paid for with my debit card), and apologized to the girl for being asleep.

She laughed, asked if I was tired, and then said:

"I'm just glad you woke up. Legally, I'm not allowed to wake you."

I have no idea what kind of idea some legal person somewhere had about that. Why can they not wake you up? Has someone actually sued over something like that? And what are they supposed to do if you don't wake up on your own? Leave you sitting there with your car idling until you run out of gas? Do they put your food on the roof of your car if you've already paid for it? If you haven't paid, do they just throw it away?

I just always assumed Sonic was a logical place to take quick nap. I thought you'd have an automatic wake-up call. But I guess not.

Who knew?

4 comments:

Joe said...

See, if you had arranged for child care before you went to Sonic, you could have finally gotten a good night's rest.

shan said...

Sonic would be logical napping place. Great idea!

Joe said...

Maybe the Young Families Ministry should organize a sleep-in?

A Joyful Chaos said...

How funny! Thanks for sharing.