I took J to the store with me today. As we were stopped at a red light, she was commenting on various vehicles that were around us. Suddenly she noticed the red pick-up truck next to us.
J: Mommy, it's the Big Red Truck!
R: Yes, Honey, it is a big red truck.
J: That's T's favorite!
R: Is it?
J: (emphatically) Yes!
I guess because he drives it, it must be his favorite.
At this point, the light turned green, the truck sped up to pass us, and J noticed the driver for the first time. He had his window down and his elbow resting comfortably on the edge.
J: He should take his arm inside off of the window.
(I have lectured and lectured the girls about keeping their fingers, hands, and arms inside the car when the windows are down because the driver's door has controls for all four windows. I'm paranoid that Joe or I will one day roll up one of their windows and cut off a finger or something.)
No comments:
Post a Comment