We were walking down the street. A neighbor man got out of his car as we walked past his driveway. He looked at us strangely for a few seconds (presumably trying to decide if they are twins or not). Finally, he apparently settled on the safest thing he could think of to say: "You sure are pretty girls."
I smiled, nodded, thanked him, and hissed to the girls to say thank you. Neither did. A little farther down the street, A looked up at me and said, "Mommy, I'm not pretty."
R: Oh, you're just sweet?
A: Yes.
Pause.
A: He (pointing back down the street) said I'm pretty, but I'm not pretty. I'm just sweet.
We apparently have issues with people of the opposite sex admiring our beauty.
~~~~
At church, Joe was playing soccer "just 5 minutes" in the gym. I took A2 to get the car and left the girls with a couple of teen girls on the sidewalk in front of the gym. As she noted our car moving across the parking lot, J pointed it out to the teen girls and said, "Ooohhh! Oooohhhh!!! I forgot to get in there!"
1 comment:
hahahahha!! you always make me laugh!
Post a Comment