Potty training can be educational. Or at least, handwashing after using the potty can be. I discovered this when J was washing her hands and tried to turn on the hot water. I pointed out that the "H" on the faucet stands for Hhhhhot. Then I showed her the "C" on the other one. "C stands for Ccccccold." To my surprise, she remembered this about 4 hours later. "H is for hot, and C is for cold," as she washed her hands.
~
Yes, I am borrowing the style of this blog from a good friend. I have several small, random things to blog about.
~
Why are my two older children sleeping in my bed at this moment? Because there is a thunderstorm, and they think my room is safer from the thunder than theirs is.
In their room, they get to have music on all night when there is a thunderstorm. In my room, there is no music. In their room, they get to have water (sippie cups) in their beds. In my room, I don't even take water to bed with me. My children certainly won't. In their room, there are 2 small windows through which lightening and thunder can come. In my room, there are 3 big windows. So why are my two older children sleeping in my bed at this moment? I don't know. I can't figure it out. You tell me.
~
Why do people have to be so complicated? All of the people in my life are very, very complicated. (Including me.)
~
How do you know if you have a broken toe? No one seems to be able to tell me. The only answer I get again and again is "Don't go to the doctor. All he'll do is tape it up, and you can do that yourself." Yes, but I want to know. And is the fact that it has in the past few hours become extremely painful to the touch only on top significant in any way? (The original injury occurred yesterday afternoon.)
This I know. Whatever is wrong with it, shoes (even sandals) make it worse. So does being stepped on numerous times by little feet. I never counted before how many times per day my children step on my feet because I never cared. Now, I am constantly screeching, "Watch out! Don't step on Mommy's toe!"
No comments:
Post a Comment