I went to bed at 10:20 last night. I never go to bed at 10:20. But last night I was soooooo tired.... And all because....
"Wow! We're going to the Mountains? Without the kids?
But I can't go because I'm babysitting K's kids."
"K already knows you won't be there.
We leave as soon as you can pack."
Our 24+ hours in the Mountains were wonderful!
We talked and watched a sunset from Mt. Scott and talked and spent the night at a beautiful bed and breakfast. We talked and took lots of pictures of each other and talked and ate breakfast out in the wonderfully landscaped back yard of the B&B. We talked and hiked to 40-Foot Hole. (It was VERY hot.) We talked while we stuck our feet in the waterfall. Then we walked part-way around French Lake and talked and drove home and talked and ate at Outback and talked. We talked a lot. It was really nice. We never seem to have time to really talk.
But, yesterday we talked about approximately 3 years worth of stuff, after 7 years of marriage. And we drove past our first home and saw the sunset at the lake (all while talking). It was great!
Then we came home and put our kids to bed and we went to bed, and we didn't talk anymore. For once, both of us were out of words. There was nothing else to talk about, at least for one night.
2 comments:
Talking is very important in marriage :)
Post a Comment